Matty and Schotty's Little Slice Of Love
We're back! Recently it came to our attention that not everyone loves to read "Little Slice of Love." This obviously blew our minds considering we thought everyone loved and enjoyed our wit and humor.
After hearing this devastating news, I had to go back to Vegas to take out my frustrations with tequilla and men at the pool at the hotel Encore. Matty was spending time in Vermont taking on the Ben and Jerry's "Vermonster," which if you are unaware of consists of 20 scoops of ice cream, four ladles of hot fudge, three cookies, four toppings, and if I mention the rest I might just get sick myself.
After getting two calls from him saying he was, "Gonna be sick! Gonna be sick," I realized that neither of us had to take our anger out on calories, but instead get to know the students of Niagara University more. We wanted to know how the students at NU feel about the University. In order to do this, Matty and I went around campus and asked students to write something they like, dislike, or want changed about NU. Students were asked to write their response anonymously on a small piece of paper and put it into our highly technical tissue box.
On a side note, we are sorry to those of you who had to go without our column in the last two issues of the Index. To those of you who don't like this column but are still continuing to go through each issue to read it anyway, at least we are getting you to read something! And just an FYI, if you don't like it, you could always ... I don't know ... turn the page?
Below are the responses to the question: What do you like, dislike, or want changed about Niagara University?
- I love the opportunity to work alongside truly talented and established professors.
- I don't like NU's obsession to reap you of every cent that you have.
- Do away with designated parking!
- I don't like the lack of respect from some of the faculty toward the students.
- I would like Gally, Clet and the Library to have later hours.
- I would like to learn more in Philosophy than debating over and over whether or not God exists.
- I like that the professors know who you are and know your first name.
- I did not like the food on campus.
- I would change the food services.
- I want more tolerance at NU of all groups of people/forms of speech and expression.
- I like the togetherness and small classroom sizes.
- I like the great professors and interesting courses.
- I dislike all the fines, quiet hours are too early, the school's lack of embracing diversity and the cost.
- I hear the phrase, "that's gay" too much, it's annoying to hear that.
- More diversity on campus
- I want cheaper and better food!
- I want to smoke on campus.
- The food on campus is too expensive.
- I like all the activities CPB puts together.
- I would like to see our campus more open-minded.
- I like that NU is like "Cheers," everyone knows your name.
- Dr. Murphy is the man!
- Get rid of the "designated smoking areas" they're useless- and at $35,000 a year in tuition, students should be allowed to smoke anywhere. We're already inhaling toxic fumes that consumes Niagara Falls, smoking is the least of our issues.
- I like the helpful professors.
- I don't like the food at Clet.
- I would like to see the dorms renovated and kept looking nicer.
- Gally food is too expensive and the hours are not convenient for student life.
- Better Parking.
- More aid to people with good grades.
- Receive more help from Financial Aid.
- Have more money go to the students instead of other useless things.
- Better food.
- Better food selection.
- I like the teachers a lot.
- I dislike the food.
- I enjoy the small class sizes and the good teachers.
- I don't like the food.
- We need more diversity.
- I dislike that there is no food variety.
- Clet seriously needs to add more pie to the desserts menu.
- I like the teacher support that is provided to the students.
- Better handling of the food at Clet, there are always flies in the salad bar.
- Better food selection at Clet.
- The food sucks here, we need to take out Sodexo and put in something of better quality.
- NU is very friendly with many nice people and professors that are willing to help the students, it feels like home!
- I like the size of NU.
- I hate Clet.
- I would change the Athletic Department.
- I would make main lot open all winter.
- I don't like that the school- doesn't listen to what the students actually want!
- I hate the fact that students get fined for everything that they do. Don't they have enough of my money?
- The school should allow students to have a very, very small pet.
- I want the school to make a men's club soccer team all year round.
- I would like campus safety to actually do their job.
- There should be parking near Clet.
we bring you the real news...really.